Feb 23, 2024
HSC-125 - EMT Basic
The EMT course covers all emergency medical concepts and techniques currently considered to be within the responsibilities of the EMT-Basic (EMT-B) providing emergency care in a pre-hospital setting as set forth by the Office of Emergency Medical Services for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This course meets or exceeds course requirements established by the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Massachusetts Office of Emergency Medical Services. The course will also cover topics related to future trends and care methodologies in emergency medicine.
A School of Health and Patient Simulation course fee will be charged to students who enroll in this course (this fee is in addition to the per-credit tuition and fees).
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Current health insurance.
- Have a valid email address and regular access to a computer.
- Current CPR Certification.
- CORI/SORI Verification.
- Be 18 years of age.
- Be of good mental and physical health and be able to lift and carry 100 to 150 pounds.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or have a legal right to work in the U.S.
- Current Medical Liability Insurance (submitted after acceptance into program).
- 11 Panel Urine Drug Screen- Negative within nine months from the start of class, may be subject to additional screenings during course.
- Completion of physical examination and college health requirements including documentation of required vaccinations.
Course previously known as: SMC-125
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)